When I was young growing up in a family of 12 children, 10 of them being boys, I was taught many of the lessons from Cinderella by my mother. It was her favorite story, and coincidentally my wife’s also. I wasn’t sure that being nice to my brothers at all times was a good idea, but it was what she believed in.
My wife loved the idea that someday she would be seen for the woman she knew she was. And that her prince charming would sweep her off her feet and whisk her away to a happily ever after. Forty years and eight children later, it is apparent that she has been doing the rescuing and providing the “happily ever after.”
In this painting, I wanted to bring Prince Charming to the home and circumstances of Cinderella where in my mind’s eye he could see her life and experiences that helped shape and mold her into the positive and happy person she was.
My mom was right. Treat your brothers well and your dreams will come true.
- Can you spot Jaq and Gus? Hint: They’re not far away from Lady Tremaine’s black cat, Lucifer.
- Watching from the window with envy, Cinderella’s step-sisters, Anastasia and Drizella are accompanied by their mother, Lady Tremaine.
- Cinderella’s loyal companion, Bruno, happily watches her in the company of Prince Charming.
- Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother appears in the center of the painting, casting a magic spell over the scene.
Canvas Gallery Wrap Information
Ideal for any space, Gallery Wrapped Canvases are a stylish way to display your favorite Eric Dowdle painting. Each piece is crafted with our premium canvas reproduction techniques and hand wrapped around a deep, hardwood stretcher bar. Hung as an ensemble or by itself, this frameless presentation gives you a versatile way to display art in your home.
- Premium canvas substrate
- Hardwood stretcher bar
- Printed with UV cured ink.
- Certificate of authenticity included
- Made in the USA
11 x 14"