Discovering figure drawing as an artist was and continues to be the center of what I consider “folk art.” I define folk art as People interacting with the environment around them. Disney took figure drawing to an amazingly different level. The brilliance of exploring the possibilities of animals with human features and characteristics interacting and communicating with their surroundings is enchanting to me.
Mickey and friends in Paris is where I imagine this exploration coming alive. With the inspiration of some of the world’s greatest galleries, I love the idea of Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck playing the part of both artist and model. Paris inspires even the simplest of artists to try their hand at a sketch or two… or maybe even some “figure” drawing.
- In the distance is France’s most recognizable and romantic landmark the Eiffel Tower.
- Mickey is becoming quite the accomplished painter, his portrait of Donald is almost life-like.
- The Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Paris shines bright as the sun sets. Most people don’t know it is a Roman Catholic church and minor basilica, dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
- Windmill on the Moulin Rouge is perfectly tucked away in this work of art, can you spot it?
Art Print Information
Eric Dowdle Prints are packaged in a collector’s sleeve with an official Eric Dowdle Certificate of Authenticity, featuring a tamper-evident holographic seal. Printed on high quality 11” x 14” Satin Art Paper, they are ready to frame in any standard-sized presentation, making them the perfect gift for someone special or an excellent addition to your personal collection.
- Premium Paper
- Long-life pigment inks that outperform conventional press inks
- Individually numbered Certificate Authenticity matched to the art piece
- Presented in a full size protective envelope.
- Shipped flat in rigid packaging.
- Made in the USA
11 x 14"