When I was young growing up in a family of 12 children, 10 of them being boys, I was taught many of the lessons from Cinderella by my mother. It was her favorite story, and coincidentally my wife’s also. I wasn’t sure that being nice to my brothers at all times was a good idea, but it was what she believed in.
My wife loved the idea that someday she would be seen for the woman she knew she was. And that her prince charming would sweep her off her feet and whisk her away to a happily ever after. Forty years and eight children later, it is apparent that she has been doing the rescuing and providing the “happily ever after.”
In this painting, I wanted to bring Prince Charming to the home and circumstances of Cinderella where in my mind’s eye he could see her life and experiences that helped shape and mold her into the positive and happy person she was.
My mom was right. Treat your brothers well and your dreams will come true.
- Can you spot Jaq and Gus? Hint: They’re not far away from Lady Tremaine’s black cat, Lucifer.
- Watching from the window with envy, Cinderella’s step-sisters, Anastasia and Drizella are accompanied by their mother, Lady Tremaine.
- Cinderella’s loyal companion, Bruno, happily watches her in the company of Prince Charming.
- Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother appears in the center of the painting, casting a magic spell over the scene.
Art Print Information
Eric Dowdle Prints are packaged in a collector’s sleeve with an official Eric Dowdle Certificate of Authenticity, featuring a tamper-evident holographic seal. Printed on high quality 11” x 14” Satin Art Paper, they are ready to frame in any standard-sized presentation, making them the perfect gift for someone special or an excellent addition to your personal collection.
- Premium Paper
- Long-life pigment inks that outperform conventional press inks
- Individually numbered Certificate Authenticity matched to the art piece
- Presented in a full size protective envelope.
- Shipped flat in rigid packaging.
- Made in the USA
11 x 14"